Each country has different document requirements for inbound shipments. Most often, international shipments should be accompanied by a Bill of Lading, and/or Shipper's Letter of Instruction, a commercial invoice, a packing list and a certificate of origin. For specific document requirements for international freight shipments, please contact our Transportation Specialists.
Exporters and importers should seriously consider having Air Bridge Cargo Logistics handle the documentation required, since our Transportation Specialists are highly knowledgeable in export and import regulations & procedures. The following documents are commonly used in exporting and importing goods. However, the specific documentation necessary in a particular transaction depends on the requirements of the Nepal's. government and the government of the importing country.
Only a registered firm or company is eligible to export goods. The following documents are required for Exporting to third country by air
- Commercial invoice
- GSP form 'A' if applicable
- Copy of letter of credit or advance payment statement received from the bank.
- Foreign Exchange Declaration Form of Nepal Rastra Bank
- Packing List
- Copy of Firm/company Registration Certificate
- Copy of income tax registration certificate
- Airway bill
- Letter of authority to clear the consignment
- Phytosanitary Certificate for agricultural products/plants
- Certificate from Department of Archaeology for the export of status, Thankas, Wood carving of archaeological value etc.
- Visa authorization certificate from garment visa office of National Productivity and Economic Development Centre for the export of garments to USA and Canada
- CITES Certificate from department of National Parks and Wild Life Conservation for the export of bone and horn products.
- Certification on invoice from the Handicrafts Association of Nepal for handicrafts goods and silver products.
- Value Added Tax Certificate for beer, spirits and cigarettes
Passbook for gold handicrafts
- Clearance certificate of Department of Drug Management for medicines
- Certificate of origin from local chamber of commerce
- Multiple country Declaration for garment export to the USA.
Clearance certificate of Department of Mines and Geology for mineral products